Sunday, February 6, 2011

Research mode

I haven't posted in a while, simply because I've felt the stage of defeat.  My soul was crushed when I read that small paragraph.  I didn't think that it would ever happen unless hubbys insurance changed.  I wasn't and still am not holding my breath on that.

He came home from work that following Monday equally livid at his company.  He stood right there in the door and told me that no matter what it took, that we would save up the money and pay out of pocket.

That of course led me to start researching.  I knew that I couldn't afford the procedure if I stayed here in the States.  So that led me to Mexico.  Where I have been researching like a fiend.  My logic is that if people older than I am can trust them to perform heart surgeries and such, then so could I.

That's where I stand now.  Finding that one doctor who I can click with and saving the money to achieve my goal.

I know that it will be a long road, but damnit! I'm willing to do it.  I've spent this long being fat that I will do what it takes to make myself happy and healthier for not only me, but my family.

No comments: